Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Using My Periscope

I want to share with you a recent interview a friend of mine did with Jane Pauley.  His name is Tripp Hanson and he has inspired me for the entire 10 plus years of our friendship.  We met when he was a very accomplished triple threat in the Broadway community. At the time, we both lived in a NJ suburb of NYC.  We'd watch each others dogs, share many bottles of wine, and quite often discuss our life journey. During the course of our friendship, he began to study acupuncture and eventually would work on both me, for allergies and infertility, and Husband, for various injuries incurred by being a Broadway dancer.  As I have been searching a path for my next phase of post-Broadway life, I have almost daily thought of Tripp and his courage to leap.
In his interview, Tripp speaks of "putting up your periscope to see what grabs you."  I loved that.  What a perfect way to describe that openness to seek out what intrigues you.  I hope you'll take a few minutes to watch this.  He's adorable and Jane is obviously and understandably smitten with him.  May you also be inspired and encouraged to put up your periscope.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you blogged about this, I saw this on the Today Show & was thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete